Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Infinity: Beast of War Bootcamp and Painting Challenge - July 2015

Infinity and Beyond


I recently attended the Infinity Bootcamp ran by the guys at the Beast of War in conjunction with Corvus Belli. It was an incredible experience.

I was always interested in Infinity and have bought many models since N2. However the complexity of the rules and the lack of a community in my locality has stopped me from starting the game. Since the release of N3 and the attempt to streamline the rules, Infinity has moved up in priority on my To Do list.

When I heard about the Bootcamp I was a bit hesitant at first. I've always been a fan of Beast of War. I think they are a very classy outfit who brings a lot of professionalism to our niche industry.

However I was a bit put off by the price. It seemed expensive at the time. Oh boy was I wrong! I'm not sure if Beast of War even broke-even because we definitely got our money's worth!

To break it down, for 155 Pounds Sterling I received the following:


  • Pan-O Shock Army of Acontecimento Starter Box;
  • Pan-O Dragoes TAG (this was a complete surprise);
  • N3 Quick Start Rules Pamphlet;
  • MOTO.TRONICA scenery pack;
  • Poster of Kum Rider;
  • Gift poster signed by all the Beast of War guys;
  • 2 nights accommodation;
  • Breakfast, lunch and dinner;
  • Other random goodies for playing the game including a never before released Ghulam with HMG and pins.

These are just the physical goodies that we got. The real value of the Bootcamp was non intangible such as being thought how to play the game by Carlos Llauger (Bostria), chance to play on some of the most beautiful tables I've ever seen, getting to play the new TAG Deathmatch rules and meeting and playing games against very cool and enthusiastic people.

I could go on and on but that's unnecessary. The guys at Beast of War have this covered and in a much more professional manner.


Would you like to know more?

Check out Beast of War's coverage of the event here:

Friday: http://www.beastsofwar.com/eventslist/infinity-boot-camp-friday/
Saturday: http://www.beastsofwar.com/eventslist/infinity-boot-camp-saturday/
Sunday: http://www.beastsofwar.com/eventslist/infinity-live-blog-sunday/


Infinity Painting Challenge

I was so inspired by the Bootcamp and the game that I gathered a few lads together and we have started an Infinity Painting Challenge.

The rules (more like guidelines) are simple:
  • Miniature must be for the game of Infinity;
  • The miniature/s to be painted to be declared at the start of the month;
  • The miniature/s must be painted within that month (old unfinished projects welcome); *A picture of the finished model/s to be submitted to me (I will collate and share it via my blog/facebook page/Infinity forums etc.)
We currently have 11 guys participating for the month of July 2015. I can't wait to see the end results at the end of the month!

No.NameAKAFactionChallenge
1BarryBazleebubHaqqislamAl Hawa Sniper, Saladin, Hussein Al-Djabel, Nasmat Remotes x 2, Halqa, Hunzakut Sniper.
2CalumCazboabAriadna1 Chasseur/Ariadna Starter (maybe)
3CarlDropshipYu Jing3 Zhanshi, 1 Celestial Guard, 1 Shang Ji
4ChrisSeldon9Pan-O3 Fusiliers, 1 Father Knight, 1 Akalis Sikh, 1 Nisse
5DamianMordimerNomads2 Tsyklon Sputniks
6DarrenUnclejimmyNomads1 Mercenary, 1 Alguaciles
7DavePan-O3 Operation Icestorm minis
8PaddyPaddycorkmanPan-O1 Bahg-Mari, 1 Dragao TAG
9RasmusRasmusPan-O3 Acontecimento Regulars
10SamFullmetalvoiddragonYu Jing2 Ninjas, 1 Oniwaban, 1 Shinobu Kitsune
11SmittyMarine 101Combined ArmyYaogat Sniper, Malignos Combi/Hacker & Gwailos Multi

Faction Breakdown
Pan-O4
Yu Jing2
Nomads2
Ariadna1
Haqqislam1
Combined Army1

You can check us out in the Beast of War forum per below:

Painting Challenge discussion tread: http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/infinity/forum/topic/infinity-monthly-painting-challenge/?topic_page=1&num=15

July Painting Challenge tread: http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/infinity/forum/topic/infinity-monthly-painting-challenge-3/

Alright that's it for tonight. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment